BREAKING NEWS

Wednesday 19 October 2016

Buhari, APC, send Amaechi to inform me that they must win election at all cost but I refused to cooperate, that's why I'm being persecuted - Justice Inyang

 

 A serving justice of the Supreme Court, Justice John Inyang Okoro, whose house was invaded by the DSS has written to the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Mahmud Mohammed saying that his travail was not unconnected with the visit of the former governor of Rivers State and Transport Minister Rotimi Ameachi to his official resident.

He said that during the visit, Amaechi said that President Buhari and the APC mandated him (Amaechi ) to inform Justice Inyang that they must win their election Appeals in respect of Rivers , Akwa Ibom and Abia States at all cost.

“For Akwa Ibom State, he ( Amaechi) alleged that he sponsored Mr. Umana O. Umana, of the APC for that election and that if he lost Akwa Ibom appeal, he would have lost a fortune. Mr. Amaechi also said that Mr. Umana would be paying me millions of Naira monthly if I co-operated with them. My response was that it does not lie within my power to grant his request and that I would do all within my power not to be in the panel for Akwa Ibom State.

“My Lord graciously left me out of the panel for Akwa Ibom State. That notwithstanding, the All Progressives Congress in Akwa Ibom State which lost the appeal at the Supreme Court believe that my presence in the Supreme Court made them to lose the appeal. Could I have resigned from the Supreme Court simply because people of Akwa Ibom State had a matter before it?

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2014 A.T MEDIA & EVENTS. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates